Monday, November 24, 2008

Playing Dolls Together ~ Her Way

Yesterday my daughter and I had a nice time playing dolls again. Of course I am trying to interject my thoughts as we play, but I do let her take the lead with her imagination. It gives me a lot of insight as to what she is thinking these days.



She made a very fine horse corral out of some wooden blocks she got for Christmas. "Mom and Dad" are relaxing in the back of the truck. Out beyond the horses, the son and the daughter are playing on the tinkertoy swingset. :)



My daughter told me of a game she had invented with the dolls that was "really, really fun." It involved a haunted car and the doll family trying to hide in the back of the car or under the dashboard while the car drove around crazily. This is the haunted car:



I know it doesn't look so scary now, but boy you should just see it in the hands of my daughter. It would scare you to think about not falling out!

We had to get on her bed, on our backs, and hold the car up over our heads. She told me to take control of the car, so I did some crazy yelling and shook the car and the whole doll family fell out around her forehead. (I am glad they did not hit her face. Mom was not thinking too far ahead.)

My daughter started laughing. And laughing. She laughed until she had tears in her eyes -- a firsttime thing for her, and she pointed that out to me. I was laughing too, mostly at her. It was such a nice bonding time before I went to work.

I could tell she had continued to play dolls by herself when I got home last night.

Lynn

No comments: